Tasmanian Honey Ale Chicken Teriyaki Yakitori
Serving: Yield 4 pax
- chicken breasts (boneless and skinless), cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 80ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Taverner’s Honey Mead
- 4 tbsp Carob syrup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 250ml taverner’s honey ale
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken chunks and marinate overnight.
- Lift chicken from marinade and set aside (if you want, you can skewer chicken onto bamboo sticks that have been soaked in water for 5 minutes.)
- Pour marinade into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, and let reduce to about 1 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add reduced marinade and cook for further 3 minutes until chicken is glazed and cooked through.