- 1 Chicken, cut into four pieces
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 7 tablespoons The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
For the ground spices:
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Bird’s eye chilli
- 8 Shallots
- 4 Garlic
- 1 teaspoon White peppercorns
- 3 Candlenuts, roasted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Mix the chicken with tamarind water and salt, and set aside
- Stir-fry the ground spices with butter, until we can smell the aroma
- Pour 650 ml water, add carob syrup and put in the chicken.
- Cook with low heat until the chicken is tender, and the sauce almost dry.
- Take out the chicken, and reserve the sauce.
- Roast the chicken in the oven 180 degrees Celcius.
- Spread the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve it with hot rice with vegetables.