What a way to celebrate your Christmas with a tasty pork roast!
Ingredients for Pork Roast with Apple Mustard Glaze:
- 1 (4 1/2 to 5 1/2-pound) bone-in pork loin end roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 tbsp Pure Carob syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp spicy brown mustard
Ingredients for Honey Mead French Glazed Shallots:
- 900g Shallots, peeled
- 43g butter, Salted
- 1 cup Taverner’s Honey Mead
- 1 tbsp Pure Honey
- 2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Roasted Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg celsius. Take the pork out of the refrigerator 45 minutes before you are ready to roast to allow the pork to come to temperature.
- Place the pork into a roasting pan fitted with a rack or onto a baking sheet, fat side up, and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple juice to a boil and reduce it by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the Pure Carob syrup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard and simmer until thickened, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- After the pork has roasted for 1 hour, start brushing it with the glaze every 15 minutes. Cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 65 deg Celsius, about 2 hours total cook time. Remove from the oven, give it another coating of glaze, and let it rest, uncovered, for 15 minutes before carving.
[French Glazed Shallots]
- In a large skillet bring water, French shallots, and butter to a boil. Cook covered on medium heat until the French shallots begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 10 more minutes adding water if needed.
- Once the French shallots are tender, add Honey Mead and Honey and simmer until reduced. The French shallots should begin to caramelize. Add 1/4 cup water to the pan to deglaze and stir. Add pecans. Stir. Sever hot as a side dish or atop a bed of fresh greens.