Nonya Dry Laksa Chia Pasta
Preparation Time: 15-20mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Portion: 7-8 Pax
- 2 packets Perfect Earth Organic Chia Pasta
- 3 tbsp Dried prawns (hae bee) – soaked and chopped into small pieces
- 300g laksa paste (you can use any brand of laksa paste that you like, we mixed 2 kinds of paste to balance the spiciness
- Laska leaves – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp The Australia Carob Co. Organic Carob Syrup
- 300ml Coconut milk
- 2-3 Fried fish cakes, sliced
- 50g-100g Beansprouts (add amount as desired)
- 10-15pcs square fried beancurd (taupok)
- 200-400g medium sized prawns, cooked and deshelled (leave the prawn stock aside for later use)
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta for 5-6 mins, drained and set aside
- Devined the prawns with the shell on and boiled the prawns until cooked. Cool down and deshelled the prawns. Leave the prawn stock aside to use later.
- In a large pan or wok, add oil and stir fry the dried prawns till fragrant.
- Reduce to low heat, add in the laksa paste and laksa leaves. Stir fry occasionally till fragrant.
- When oil is released from the paste, add in the carob syrub and stir well.
- Add coconut milk into the paste mixture, and bring the heat back to medium.
- Add all other ingredients – beancurds, beansprouts, fishcakes and prawn and stir fry with the sauce.
- When well incorporated, add in the pasta and mix well.
- Add some prawn stock as desired and on how dry or wet you want your laksa to taste.
- Garnish with chopped laksa leaves and serve.