Serving: Yield 4 pax
1. 3 cups self-raising flour
2. 1 cup milk
3. 80g salted butter
4. 40g Australian Eucalyptus Organic Honey
5. 1 tsp baking powder
6. 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 Deg C.
2. Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl.
3. Add in baking powder and salt.
4. Cut in the butter until it’s well incorporated and has pea-sized chunks.
5. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
6. Make a well in the centre.
7. Add Australian Eucalyptus Organic Honey into the milk. Stir well.
8. Pour milk into the mixture. Mix until the mixture forms a soft dough.
9. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (don’t knead the dough too much or scones will be tough).
10. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
11. Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a round cutter, cut out 5 rounds. Press dough together and cut out remaining 3 rounds.
12. Place scones onto a prepared baking tray, 1cm apart. Sprinkle tops with a little plain flour.
13. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and well risen.
14. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm with jam and cream.