Carob and Almond Waffles with Poached Pears Recipe
These carob and almond waffles topped with poached pears are what breakfast dreams are made of!
- 1 1/3 cups (200 gms) almond meal
- 2/3 cup (100 gms) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup (50 gms) The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp glace ginger, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
PEAR, ALMOND AND CAROB TOPPING
- 2 pcs pears, peeled, quartered, and poached
- 1/4 cup (20 gms) flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
In a large mixing bowl combine almond meal, flour, carob powder, spices, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, glace ginger and salt, stirring to combine.
In a medium jug, combine eggs, milk, oil, carob syrup and vanilla, whisking until combined. Pour over flour mixture stirring until combined.
Heat waffle iron following manufacturer’s instructions. Using a ½ cup measure pour batter into centre of waffle iron, spreading out evenly with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until waffle is cooked through and edges are crispy. Repeat process with remaining batter.
To serve, top each waffle with half a sliced poached pear, flaked almonds and drizzle with carob syrup.