The Australian Carob Co Three Cup Chicken (3-4 person servings)
San Bei Ji (三杯鸡) is a renowned chicken dish in Chinese cuisine and one of Jiangxi cuisine’s most recognizable dishes. The dish is a specialty of Ningdu, and it hails from Jiangxi Province in southern China. After being introduced to Taiwan by the Hakka people, the dish has grown in popularity.
• 3 boneless Chicken Thighs (app. 500g)
• 20g Ginger (smashed)
• 6 cloves of Garlic (smashed)
• 2 tsp Cornstarch
• 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
• 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
• 1 tsp Light Soy Sauce (seasoning)
• 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
• 20ml Chicken stock
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 ½ tbsp. Carob Syrup
• ½ cup of Cooking wine (this recipe use Hua Diao)
• 15-20g Basil Leaves (can add more if you like basil)
1. Cut the chicken thigh into bite-size.
2. Season the chicken thigh with 1 tsp soy sauce, cornstarch and 2 tbsp of cooking oil and set aside.
3. In a pan, pan-fry the chicken thigh until light brown. Put it aside.
4. Add in the balance of the chicken oil and 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
5. Add in smashed ginger and garlic and stir fry until fragrant. Toss in the chicken thigh.
6. Add in light soy sauce, carob syrup and fish sauce and mix well.
7. Pour in the cooking wine and chicken stock and mix well again.
8. Transfer it into a clay pot. Cover and let it simmer for 10-15 mins, and allow the sauce to thicken.
9. Add in basil leaves and stir well.
10. Best Serve with a bowl of white steam rice.
#recipes #threecupchicken #三杯鸡 #carobrecipes #sgcarobs #carobdiet
Grab your Carobs at www.foreveryoung.com.sg
Visit our link for the full cooking recipe!
Follow us on IG @foreveryoungsingapore