The Australian Carob Bean Salad
Red kidney beans, cannellini or white kidney beans and garbanzo team up to achieve this glorious fusion of tropical flavours and sweet and tangy dressing. For the health-conscious crowd, you’ll be happy to know that this original Australian Carob recipe uses carob powder as a sweetener.
Prep Time:15 mins
Course: Appetizer, Salad, Side Dish
Cuisine: American, Western
Keyword: Carob Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups Cannellini beans (white kidney beans), cooked
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas), cooked
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 3 cups Carob Mango Salsa* (see the Notes section for the link to this recipe)
- 1/2 cup parsley
In a large bowl, add the kidney beans, cannellini, and garbanzo. Then mix in the carob powder, stirring thoroughly until it is fully incorporated.
Mix in the Carob Mango Salsa and thoroughly mix together. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to merge.
Serve with parsley garnish.
Great with sides of aged cheese or goat cheese and avocado. Or anything you come up with. Enjoy!