Whether it’s for a weekend get-together or for the holiday season, Carob Black Bean Dip is a fantastic way to deliver all that sweet and spicy taste sans the work.
1 Food Blender or Food Processor
- 1 3/4 cup cooked black beans (or 15 1/4 oz low salt canned black beans
- 1/2 cup firm tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1/4 tsp cumin
Place all the ingredients into a blender or processor bowl and blend until smooth.
Transfer the puree from the blender to a heavy bottom sauce pan and simmer until it thickens to a desired consistency.
Move to a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
Serve with chips or vegetables, warm or let cool.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five (5) days.