Avocado Pasta Recipe with Perfect Earth
Collaboration with mums calling.
I made this avocado pasta dish when we were residing in the states many years ago, where avocados were abundantly good and cheap. Recreated this dish yesterday, with organic pasta packs from Forever Young.
Totally in love with their variety of healthy pasta choices consisting of chia rice pasta, chia pad thai pasta and rice pasta.
Perfect Earth gluten-free pasta is made from one of the most nutritious, organic rice varieties. With the added health benefits of chia seeds, this healthy alternative to conventional pasta offers omega-3 essentials, proteins, antioxidants and manganese, so you can eat your delicious pasta meal guilt-free! It delivers the kind of taste and eating enjoyment you love in traditional pasta without gluten. Nothing is added aside from rice and water, and chia for their chia Pasta.
For a cautious start, I picked the brown rice pasta (without chia seeds) for the kids. A super easy recipe that requires no cooking at all! And because there’s lemon, the avocado pasta will not turn brown after some time. Lemon prevents the oxidation process.
- 1 packet of Perfect Earth brown rice pasta (225g)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove and drain well.
2. Skin avocados. Combine avocados with parsley, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Blend till creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl. Add in pasta, tomatoes and avocado sauce. Toss and coat pasta with the sauce. Serve!
And if you are one mama like me, needing to add that protein into the kids’ meal, you may grill some chicken or beef for add on. I did beef for the kids.