Australian Carob Osmanthus Chicken
- Boneless Chicken Leg – 250gm (can replace with the meat of your preference)
- ½ tsp Dried Osmanthus flowers
- Water – 20gm (to soak the dried Osmanthus flowers)
- 10gm Red Vinegar
- 10gm Oyster Sauce
- 10gm Soya Sauce
- 70gm The Australian Carob Co Organic Carob Syrup
- Marinate the chicken leg with salt and potato starch for at least 1 hour. Overnight for best results.
- Soak dried Osmanthus flowers in hot water for half-hour and set aside (save the water for later use).
- Combine soaked Osmanthus with water and ingredients no 4-7 in a bowl and set aside. (Carob Osmanthus Sauce)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the oil to high fire/heat.
- Coat the marinated chicken leg liberally in potato flour and deep fry in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Turn down to low fire/heat and allow the ribs to cook in the oil for about 2-3 minutes till it is 70% cooked.
- Turn up to medium fire/heat and fry till the chicken leg is cooked throughout.
- Turn up to high heat to purge the oil and strain the chicken leg.
- In a frying pan, add a bit of oil then the Carob Osmanthus Sauce. Bring the mixture to boil and add in the chicken leg to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve on a plate.
The Australian Carob Co Organic Carob Syrup (250ml)
$17.50Add to cart
Carobs contain many health benefits. Carobs are high in protein, contain essential vitamins and are a superior healthy alternative to most snack foods.
Carobs are beneficial as they:
- Contain tannins that are rich in gallic acid
- Rich in insoluble fibre
- Normalize and promote healthy bowel function
- Good source of vitamin E
- Contain Thiamin (vitamin B), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin A), alpha-tocopherol & ergocalciferol (vitamin D2)
- Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients
- High in potassium and magnesium
- 100% natural with no additives or preservatives