- 1 Chicken, cut into four pieces
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 7 tablespoons The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
For the ground spices:
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Bird’s eye chilli
- 8 Shallots
- 4 Garlic
- 1 teaspoon White peppercorns
- 3 Candlenuts, roasted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Mix the chicken with tamarind water and salt, and set aside
- Stir-fry the ground spices with butter, until we can smell the aroma
- Pour 650 ml water, add carob syrup and put in the chicken.
- Cook with low heat until the chicken is tender, and the sauce almost dry.
- Take out the chicken, and reserve the sauce.
- Roast the chicken in the oven 180 degrees Celcius.
- Spread the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve it with hot rice with vegetables.
Carob syrup is naturally sweet and is of the highest quality. The syrup is great to use on breakfast cereals as an alternative to sugar. It